The 2021 hurricane season is just around the corner! Are you prepared for any potential storms that come our way? Fusion CRS is here for our Northwest Florida community during the aftermath of a storm. Get prepared for the upcoming season with our tips.
Important Terms to Know
- Tropical Storm/Hurricane Watch: Storm conditions are possible in your area within 48 hours.
- Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning: Storm conditions are possible in your area within the next 36 hours.
- Category 1: 74-95 mph
- Category 2: 96-110 mph
- Category 3: 111-129 mph (major)
- Category 4: 130-156 mph (major)
- Category 5: 157+ mph (major)
* Did you know the hurricane eye wall has the most powerful wind and rain?
Get Prepared with Your Hurricane Kit
Preparing for a hurrian can be done before the hurricane season. Avoid the long check-out lines and stress when you prepare early. Hurricane kits should include the following:
- Non-perishable food for up to 3 days (per person)
- Water for up to 3 days (per person)
- Pet supplies
- Water proof box for important documents (identification, social security cards, veterinarian records and any other major documents.)
Protecting Your Home from Damage
- Cover the exterior of your windows with hurricane shutters or plywood.
- Tape the interior of any uncovered windows to help with any shattering.
- Remove any exterior items from your home that can easily become airborne and cause any damage to your home or surrounding structures.
The storm is finally over and it is time to clear up debris. Don’t forget to examine any exterior portions of your home or commercial building for damage (roof, uncovered windows, doors, etc.). If you experienced any flooding during the storm, please do not hesitate to call Fusion CRS. Our team of professionals can tackle the toughest restoration projects and are here to help you get your life back to normal. Give us a call and schedule your storm restoration services.